Chairman will not look to the West
CHAIRMAN John Gibson has denied speculation that former Stevenage Borough boss Graham Westley will be the new manager at Clarence Park. Westley had been linked with the role along with former Braintree Town boss George Borg but Gibson is likely to keep fa
CHAIRMAN John Gibson has denied speculation that former Stevenage Borough boss Graham Westley will be the new manager at Clarence Park.
Westley had been linked with the role along with former Braintree Town boss George Borg but Gibson is likely to keep faith with Steve Castle.
Saints have switched to a more fluent style under Castle and expanded the Clarence Park pitch again. Senior players have confirmed their backing of the City Academy boss and England Youth scout. Castle is enjoying his spell in caretaker charge and is delighted to have the backing of the players. He said: "It is good they are willing to play for the manager. I have had a positive response out of each and everyone of them.
"Because I am employed by the football club I am happy to step into the breach as it were. I am enjoying it, not the results, but I think we are not far away from it. There are a lot of positives to take at the moment and it would not surprise me if we went on a run of undefeated games very soon."
You may also want to watch:
Castle will lead the team again on Saturday and will hope fortune turns his way after Saints conceded a lead to lose their previous two outings in the Blue Square South.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development