Chairman will not look to the West
CHAIRMAN John Gibson has denied speculation that former Stevenage Borough boss Graham Westley will be the new manager at Clarence Park. Westley had been linked with the role along with former Braintree Town boss George Borg but Gibson is likely to keep fa
CHAIRMAN John Gibson has denied speculation that former Stevenage Borough boss Graham Westley will be the new manager at Clarence Park.
Westley had been linked with the role along with former Braintree Town boss George Borg but Gibson is likely to keep faith with Steve Castle.
Saints have switched to a more fluent style under Castle and expanded the Clarence Park pitch again. Senior players have confirmed their backing of the City Academy boss and England Youth scout. Castle is enjoying his spell in caretaker charge and is delighted to have the backing of the players. He said: "It is good they are willing to play for the manager. I have had a positive response out of each and everyone of them.
"Because I am employed by the football club I am happy to step into the breach as it were. I am enjoying it, not the results, but I think we are not far away from it. There are a lot of positives to take at the moment and it would not surprise me if we went on a run of undefeated games very soon."
Castle will lead the team again on Saturday and will hope fortune turns his way after Saints conceded a lead to lose their previous two outings in the Blue Square South.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire