Chairman “proud” as Saints march into the Conference
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City chairman Nick Archer was “ecstatic” after seeing his side promoted to the Conference North of South.
The Saints beat Chesham United 3-1 in a breath-taking play-off final in front of 2,960 fans, 1,500 of which were supporting the men in blue and yellow.
“I’m pleased and proud. It’s fantastic and I’m ecstatic,” he told the Herts Ad on the pitch shortly after the final whistle.
“It was a great performance this afternoon. We looked shaky in first 20 minutes but I’m absolutely pleased with the result and we scored three good goals.”
Archer deserves credit for giving James Gray and Graham Golds, two youth managers with no senior management experience, the reigns to the first team 18 months ago.
The trio has turned the club around in their short time and reached their lofty aim of promotion.
“We have done very well,” admitted Archer.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
“It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work so I’m delighted.
He also praised the “great” support on the day and throughout the season.