Chairman “proud” as Saints march into the Conference
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City chairman Nick Archer was “ecstatic” after seeing his side promoted to the Conference North of South.
The Saints beat Chesham United 3-1 in a breath-taking play-off final in front of 2,960 fans, 1,500 of which were supporting the men in blue and yellow.
“I’m pleased and proud. It’s fantastic and I’m ecstatic,” he told the Herts Ad on the pitch shortly after the final whistle.
“It was a great performance this afternoon. We looked shaky in first 20 minutes but I’m absolutely pleased with the result and we scored three good goals.”
Archer deserves credit for giving James Gray and Graham Golds, two youth managers with no senior management experience, the reigns to the first team 18 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
The trio has turned the club around in their short time and reached their lofty aim of promotion.
“We have done very well,” admitted Archer.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
“It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work so I’m delighted.
He also praised the “great” support on the day and throughout the season.