Chairman “proud” as Saints march into the Conference
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City chairman Nick Archer was “ecstatic” after seeing his side promoted to the Conference North of South.
The Saints beat Chesham United 3-1 in a breath-taking play-off final in front of 2,960 fans, 1,500 of which were supporting the men in blue and yellow.
“I’m pleased and proud. It’s fantastic and I’m ecstatic,” he told the Herts Ad on the pitch shortly after the final whistle.
“It was a great performance this afternoon. We looked shaky in first 20 minutes but I’m absolutely pleased with the result and we scored three good goals.”
Archer deserves credit for giving James Gray and Graham Golds, two youth managers with no senior management experience, the reigns to the first team 18 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
The trio has turned the club around in their short time and reached their lofty aim of promotion.
“We have done very well,” admitted Archer.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
“It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work so I’m delighted.
He also praised the “great” support on the day and throughout the season.