Chairman “proud” as Saints march into the Conference
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City chairman Nick Archer was “ecstatic” after seeing his side promoted to the Conference North of South.
The Saints beat Chesham United 3-1 in a breath-taking play-off final in front of 2,960 fans, 1,500 of which were supporting the men in blue and yellow.
“I’m pleased and proud. It’s fantastic and I’m ecstatic,” he told the Herts Ad on the pitch shortly after the final whistle.
“It was a great performance this afternoon. We looked shaky in first 20 minutes but I’m absolutely pleased with the result and we scored three good goals.”
Archer deserves credit for giving James Gray and Graham Golds, two youth managers with no senior management experience, the reigns to the first team 18 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
The trio has turned the club around in their short time and reached their lofty aim of promotion.
“We have done very well,” admitted Archer.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
“It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work so I’m delighted.
He also praised the “great” support on the day and throughout the season.