Centurions to run Activity Afternoon for juniors on Saturday
ST Albans Centurions Minis Rugby League club are breaking new ground this Saturday (October 27), when they run their first Activity Afternoon.
The event, open to all 6-11 years olds, will be made up of lots of different fun games, and as such no rugby experience is required.
U11s coach Craig Naylor said: “The Activity Afternoon is a great way to get the kids together, form teams, and pit the teams in lots of different fun games, some of which will be known to the kids and many won’t, so it’s going to keep everyone on their toes.
“For example we will be looking at running a variation of handball, which many will have seen at the Olympics, and we’ve thought up other challenges that will really test the kids’ ingenuity.
“And I am sure we will end with a parents versus kids tag rugby game, which always proves popular. I am really excited about this initiative as it once again demonstrates the Centurions Minis are looking for opportunities to work within the community and build up awareness of the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The Activity Afternoon is free, is open to boys and girls, and will be based at Toulmin Drive, New Greens. For more information contact email@example.com or 07713472091.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25