Centurions announce link up with White Swan
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions have been handed a boost ahead of their 20th anniversary season.
The rugby league club will be sponsored for this year by the White Swan pub in Upper Dagnal Street.
The pub, known locally as The Dirty Duck, will help fund physios, who the club must have in attendance at all training sessions and games.
Centurions chairman Brian Parker said: “Physios are absolutely vital in a contact game like rugby league and so the support from The White Swan is very much appreciated.”
The pub’s landlord, John McGuinness, announced the deal with St Albans Centurions’ player, Tim Rangihuna.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Centurions, the district’s only rugby league team, were founded in 1996 and play at Toulmin Drive in New Greens.
Their 20th anniversary season kicks off next month and new players and members are welcome.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills