Centurions announce link up with White Swan
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions have been handed a boost ahead of their 20th anniversary season.
The rugby league club will be sponsored for this year by the White Swan pub in Upper Dagnal Street.
The pub, known locally as The Dirty Duck, will help fund physios, who the club must have in attendance at all training sessions and games.
Centurions chairman Brian Parker said: “Physios are absolutely vital in a contact game like rugby league and so the support from The White Swan is very much appreciated.”
The pub’s landlord, John McGuinness, announced the deal with St Albans Centurions’ player, Tim Rangihuna.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Centurions, the district’s only rugby league team, were founded in 1996 and play at Toulmin Drive in New Greens.
Their 20th anniversary season kicks off next month and new players and members are welcome.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25