Cents U13s remain unbeaten after demolition
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions’ U13 side remains the old unbeaten side in the London League after a 60-24 demolition of Eastern Rhinos.
Cents are joint top with Brentford Eels with two games left, including one in hand over their rivals, and well placed to scoop the league title.
St Albans showed their championship credentials by running in four tries in the first 15 minutes. The onslaught did not let up as further tries from Hamish Tinker, Harvey Smith, Harry Dean, Tom Liddelow and Isaak Nathan ran up the score to 48-0.
Rhinos, by this time boasting several Cents players due to injury, scored four tries but St Albans got two more to complete a comprehensive win.
Coach Craig Naylor said: “That was a great technical performance and builds very nicely for our next match away at London Skolars. Our players showed great awareness, demonstrated their core skills extremely well and executed the match objectives to the letter and, as a result, every single one of them should be more than pleased with their performance.
You may also want to watch:
“We are our own biggest critics but on this occasion, based on the display the coaches and spectators saw, every one of our players should feel extremely proud of the game they played. Their approach and execution was terrific and they deserved the complements they received.”
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure