Cents U13 to play Rutlish in play-off semi-final
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions U13s will play Rutlish in the London Youth League play-off semi-final.
The Cents earned a first-round bye after being crowned champions of the southern division following a 24-0 win over Southend Spartans.
It capped off an unbeaten season.
Chairman Brian Parker said “To win the league by going unbeaten all season is a great achievement - they have done so well. Over the last few seasons I’ve seen the U13 team get bigger and bigger as more young lads join up to play rugby league in summer. Next season we might have to run two teams at U14 level.
“It also helps to have a coach like Craig Naylor. I’ve never seen him get frustrated or upset, he leads by encouraging and enthusiasm which are great traits for a great coach.”
You may also want to watch:
Cents will play Rutlish, who beat London Skolars in the first round of the play-offs, at Toulmin Drive on Saturday. Kick-off is 11am.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant