Cents too strong for Brixton Bulls
St Albans Centurions U13s 38 Brixton Bulls 4AGAINST a big, strong and well drilled Brixton Bulls side Centurions U13s proved worthy winners. Brixton started strongly, putting pressure on the St albans boys and opening the scoring with a well worked try
St Albans Centurions U13s 38 Brixton Bulls 4
AGAINST a big, strong and well drilled Brixton Bulls side Centurions U13s proved worthy winners. Brixton started strongly, putting pressure on the St albans boys and opening the scoring with a well worked try in the corner.
As usual, it took the Centurions several minutes to settle down and get into the game, but this they did and responded well with four tries in the first half to bring the score at half time to 16-4.
Brixton's big pack of forwards then began put Cents under pressure for the opening 10 minutes of the second half but the St Albans team's strong defensive tackles held them out and Cents then turned good defence into good attacking play and ran in a further five tries to finish the game strongly.
You may also want to watch:
The tries came from Callum Porter, Devan Graham, Nikolas Gasper and Will Curtis. Man of the Match this week was Devan Graham for his relentless defence.
Coach Kenworthy's commented: "A great game from a team that is getting better every week. Cents U13's have no games over the Easter break but there is a game on the April 17 away at Hemel Hempstead as a curtain raiser to Hemel's senior team's opening match in the National League."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success
Cents: Charlie Dollard, Cezary Bialowas, Callum Porter, Will Curtis, Shadrak Konia, Devan Graham, Tom McBride, Declan Allen, Jarred Kenworthy, Curtis Anderson, Richard Mills, Kasay Burroughs-Thompson, Joseph Harrison, Dean Calloway, Harrison Camp, Nikolas Gaspar.