ST ALBANS Centurions are beginning their preparations for the forthcoming season with a meet and greet session on January 19 at the club s new home, Verulam Rugby Club. Player/coach Shane Rampling is organising the evening which kicks off at 7.30pm, to
ST ALBANS Centurions are beginning their preparations for the forthcoming season with a 'meet and greet' session on January 19 at the club's new home, Verulam Rugby Club.
Player/coach Shane Rampling is organising the evening which kicks off at 7.30pm, to introduce the new players to the existing squad members as well as outlining his hopes for the season. Rampling said: "I hope that as many of last year's first team players as possible will attend the clubhouse to meet the new players that are joining the club this season. I also hope that a number of players that are new to the game will also be attending, as these will be competing as our second, development team, in the London League. Not only will I be introducing the players to each other and to our committee but I will be outlining the forthcoming season."
The Cents narrowly missed out on the playoffs last season and the club is hoping to go one better this year. Rampling will have a new assistant coach to help him with the running of the side and the Cents are also looking for more people to help out within the club.
Rampling continued: "I will have a new assistant coach in 2009, and I am hoping a few parents from the juniors will want to make that 'step up' from the juniors to helping out with the club as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to get involved in helping the Centurions is invited to the event.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020