Cents’ development team storm to victory
Cents’ development team stormed back from 20 points down to beat Billericay Rangers in the London Merit League.
Having dug themselves into a 20-point hole, Cents blew Rangers away in the second half, scoring 44 points and shutting them out.
The Billericay team kicked off and within minutes scored the first try of the game.
The Centurions team, made up mostly of players new to rugby league, who had never played a competitive game of rugby together as a team, looked a bit disjoined as the Essex team ran in three more tries and two conversions before the half-time whistle.
However, cometh the hour, cometh the man as David Coyle was introduced and turned the game in Cents’ favour. When he came off, the Centurions began to gel as a team, got used to their positions and they ran in nine unanswered tries and four conversions, running out eventual winners, 44-20.
The development team’s next game is at home against the SW London Chargers ‘A’ team on June 7, kick-off 1pm.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 9 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area