Cents’ development team storm to victory
Cents’ development team stormed back from 20 points down to beat Billericay Rangers in the London Merit League.
Having dug themselves into a 20-point hole, Cents blew Rangers away in the second half, scoring 44 points and shutting them out.
The Billericay team kicked off and within minutes scored the first try of the game.
The Centurions team, made up mostly of players new to rugby league, who had never played a competitive game of rugby together as a team, looked a bit disjoined as the Essex team ran in three more tries and two conversions before the half-time whistle.
However, cometh the hour, cometh the man as David Coyle was introduced and turned the game in Cents’ favour. When he came off, the Centurions began to gel as a team, got used to their positions and they ran in nine unanswered tries and four conversions, running out eventual winners, 44-20.
You may also want to watch:
The development team’s next game is at home against the SW London Chargers ‘A’ team on June 7, kick-off 1pm.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final