Cents’ development team storm to victory
Cents’ development team stormed back from 20 points down to beat Billericay Rangers in the London Merit League.
Having dug themselves into a 20-point hole, Cents blew Rangers away in the second half, scoring 44 points and shutting them out.
The Billericay team kicked off and within minutes scored the first try of the game.
The Centurions team, made up mostly of players new to rugby league, who had never played a competitive game of rugby together as a team, looked a bit disjoined as the Essex team ran in three more tries and two conversions before the half-time whistle.
However, cometh the hour, cometh the man as David Coyle was introduced and turned the game in Cents’ favour. When he came off, the Centurions began to gel as a team, got used to their positions and they ran in nine unanswered tries and four conversions, running out eventual winners, 44-20.
You may also want to watch:
The development team’s next game is at home against the SW London Chargers ‘A’ team on June 7, kick-off 1pm.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe