Cents clash with Sharks postponed
ST Albans Centurions had to cancel their home fixture with West London Sharks on Saturday. The referee, also the co-ordinator responsible for finding replacements, could not attend the match due to a family emergency and there was no qualified referee to
ST Albans Centurions had to cancel their home fixture with West London Sharks on Saturday.
The referee, also the co-ordinator responsible for finding replacements, could not attend the match due to a family emergency and there was no qualified referee to step in.
The Cents await an RFL ruling on whether the game will be replayed or how points will be awarded.
St Albans Centurions will run a summer Rugby League camp at their Colney Heath ground during the school summer holidays between Monday, August 11 and Thursday, August 14.
You may also want to watch:
The camp will be run by RFL development officer Shane Rampling with help from Cents President, Tony Bottomley. See the club website www.sacenturions.co.uk for more information and contact details.
This Saturday is the Annual Village Day at The Recreation Ground, Colney Heath and St Albans Centurions are entering into the spirit of things by running a cake stall and barbeque.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
The senior side and the juniors are playing away from home but several volunteers will be manning their stalls from 12noon to 4pm. All profits go to the Rugby Club and the Village Day charity.
The Centurions are away at London Skolars on Saturday in the Rugby League Conference Southern Premiership.