Cents bring in two Kiwis for new season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions have recruited two overseas players as they look to take their first season in the East Rugby League Premiership by storm.
Half-back Tim Rangihuna and forward Daniel Hartley will join up with the squad during pre-season, which begins on Sunday, April 14, when the Cents take on Beckenham Bears.
Cents head coach Andy Lake said: “We are all looking forward to meeting Tim. He was recommended to us by ex coach, Shane Rampling, who speaks very highly of him.
“He is vastly experienced and should be a great benefit to the club. We look forward to Tim’s experience being passed on to our younger players.”
He added: “Like Tim, Dan comes highly recommended. He is a big forward with an impressive turn of speed, and I’m sure he will fit right in at the Cents.”
You may also want to watch:
Rangihuna’s has played for New Zealand schoolboys, the country’s school sevens team and the Junior Kiwis Rugby League side before signing with the Brisbane Broncos, where he played in their Colts and Reserve sides.
Hartley was born in Manchester but immigrated to New Zealand with his family. He started playing rugby league at school and was part of the New Zealand Secondary Schools team. Most recently, he was a member of the Aranui Eagles’ Canterbury Rugby League Premiership side, having made his senior debut at 15.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final