Celebration time for Greenwood Park after promotion secured
- Credit: Archant
Greenwood Park Cricket Club have been celebrating promotion from Division Eight B of the Saracens Herts Cricket League.
The Chiswell Green-based side secured second spot on the final day of the season.
And they only narrowly missed out on the title by 10 points.
They had travelled to Stevenage 4ths and after being made to bat, put on 200 in their 50 overs.
And three wickets each for Ajmal Hussain and Shafaat Hussain saw the hosts all out for 116.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Chris Kent, who was Greenwood’s top scorer in league cricket this year with 381 runs, and scored 79 in the victory over Stevenage, was delighted with his team going up.
He said: “I’m really proud of the effort shown by everyone who has played this season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
“Having got this promotion, I’m hoping this will give us the self belief to follow it up with another strong campaign in 2018.”