Celebration time for Greenwood Park after promotion secured
- Credit: Archant
Greenwood Park Cricket Club have been celebrating promotion from Division Eight B of the Saracens Herts Cricket League.
The Chiswell Green-based side secured second spot on the final day of the season.
And they only narrowly missed out on the title by 10 points.
They had travelled to Stevenage 4ths and after being made to bat, put on 200 in their 50 overs.
And three wickets each for Ajmal Hussain and Shafaat Hussain saw the hosts all out for 116.
Captain Chris Kent, who was Greenwood’s top scorer in league cricket this year with 381 runs, and scored 79 in the victory over Stevenage, was delighted with his team going up.
He said: “I’m really proud of the effort shown by everyone who has played this season.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 10 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
“Having got this promotion, I’m hoping this will give us the self belief to follow it up with another strong campaign in 2018.”