Castle unhappy with officials
CITY boss Steve Castle was unhappy with the performance of the match officials during his side s 4-3 defeat at Staines Town on Saturday. The referee controversially awarded a free kick which lead to Staines third goal despite his assistant appearing to s
CITY boss Steve Castle was unhappy with the performance of the match officials during his side's 4-3 defeat at Staines Town on Saturday.
The referee controversially awarded a free kick which lead to Staines' third goal despite his assistant appearing to signal there was no foul and then a linesman missed the ball leaving the field of play in the build up to the hosts' fourth goal.
Castle had words with the officials at both half time and full time and said he felt the trio "spoilt the game".
"I think the officials, both ways, spoilt the game for me," he said afterwards.
"They missed so many things, unfortunately it seems the more you squeal and shout for fouls people that are unsure of their own decision which that referee was, then that's all they go on.
"Arguably it was offside for the first goal, the second goal Mark Peters had his legs taken away from. Yes you do have a biased view and I'd like to think I try and be honest and yes both ways he missed things."
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
Castle believes his side need to become more streetwise even if it is not a terribly sporting trait.
"We're not good at claiming for things," said Castle. "It's a terrible trait, I'm not one for doing it myself really because I like to think the officials are good enough and strong enough to make their own decisions on their own merit but unfortunately they don't.