Castle unhappy with officials
CITY boss Steve Castle was unhappy with the performance of the match officials during his side s 4-3 defeat at Staines Town on Saturday. The referee controversially awarded a free kick which lead to Staines third goal despite his assistant appearing to s
CITY boss Steve Castle was unhappy with the performance of the match officials during his side's 4-3 defeat at Staines Town on Saturday.
The referee controversially awarded a free kick which lead to Staines' third goal despite his assistant appearing to signal there was no foul and then a linesman missed the ball leaving the field of play in the build up to the hosts' fourth goal.
Castle had words with the officials at both half time and full time and said he felt the trio "spoilt the game".
"I think the officials, both ways, spoilt the game for me," he said afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
"They missed so many things, unfortunately it seems the more you squeal and shout for fouls people that are unsure of their own decision which that referee was, then that's all they go on.
"Arguably it was offside for the first goal, the second goal Mark Peters had his legs taken away from. Yes you do have a biased view and I'd like to think I try and be honest and yes both ways he missed things."
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Castle believes his side need to become more streetwise even if it is not a terribly sporting trait.
"We're not good at claiming for things," said Castle. "It's a terrible trait, I'm not one for doing it myself really because I like to think the officials are good enough and strong enough to make their own decisions on their own merit but unfortunately they don't.