Castle targets post Christmas return for Sol
City boss hopes to have midfielder back after festive period
CITY boss Steve Castle says he is encouraged by the progress being made by midfielder Sol Shields following a long lay off with injury.
Shields ruptured his Achilles tendon in February and after nine months on the sidelines made his comeback in City’s Herts Senior Cup defeat to Hatfield Town last month.
Despite showing an understandable lack of match sharpness, the former Leyton Orient midfielder has shown touches of class during his subsequent appearances for the reserves and boss Castle is targeting a return to first action after Christmas for the midfielder.
“Sol’s had a horrendous injury and is still some way short of match fitness,” Castle revealed to the Herts Advertiser.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the other side of Christmas we might start to get some first team football out of him. I was pleasantly surprised at how much progress he’s made and his return will be a boost.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans