Castle targets post Christmas return for Sol
City boss hopes to have midfielder back after festive period
CITY boss Steve Castle says he is encouraged by the progress being made by midfielder Sol Shields following a long lay off with injury.
Shields ruptured his Achilles tendon in February and after nine months on the sidelines made his comeback in City’s Herts Senior Cup defeat to Hatfield Town last month.
Despite showing an understandable lack of match sharpness, the former Leyton Orient midfielder has shown touches of class during his subsequent appearances for the reserves and boss Castle is targeting a return to first action after Christmas for the midfielder.
“Sol’s had a horrendous injury and is still some way short of match fitness,” Castle revealed to the Herts Advertiser.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the other side of Christmas we might start to get some first team football out of him. I was pleasantly surprised at how much progress he’s made and his return will be a boost.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area