Castle rues goal drought
THE defeat to lowly Thurrock further erased the memories of the strong displays against Eastleigh and Bishop s Stortford. City manager Steve Castle has now seen his side go three matches without a win and without a goal.
THE defeat to lowly Thurrock further erased the memories of the strong displays against Eastleigh and Bishop's Stortford.
City manager Steve Castle has now seen his side go three matches without a win and without a goal. He was shocked by the lack of goal threat against Thurrock. He said: "Everyone came here, myself included, expecting a comprehensive victory but we cannot put the ball in the back of the net. There was not enough quality in the final third. We were trying to walk the ball in, looking for the perfect goal and it is not happening at the moment for us.
"I am looking for an ugly goal I am not looking for a perfect goal. Everyone is quite happy with a ball that goes in the net however it goes in.
"It was quite a positive half time teamtalk. We came out and, as I said, any chances that we had we tried to walk the thing in. Our set plays went to pot with people not going into positions that they had been told to go in. We just didn't look like we were going to score."
You may also want to watch:
St Albans City Supporters Club are running a coach to the away game at Newport County on Saturday, September 20. The departure time is 9.30am from Clarence Road and the cost is £20 for Adults Supporters Club Members and £12 for Junior Members. Anyone wishing to book a place can do so at the club shop on Saturday when City host Thurrock or telephone Peter Knock 01727 847484 or Ian Bangs 07733 381874.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park