Castle not hopeful of Poku return
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle isn t holding up much hope of bringing former midfielder Godfrey Poku back to the club on loan. Poku completed his move to Luton Town last week and was named on the bench for the Hatters league clash with Gateshead. Poku
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle isn't holding up much hope of bringing former midfielder Godfrey Poku back to the club on loan.
Poku completed his move to Luton Town last week and was named on the bench for the Hatters' league clash with Gateshead.
Poku's departure to join Richard Money's side has left City light in midfield, but the former Redbridge college student's involvement with the first team squad means Castle isn't confident of a return to Clarence Park.
"It's like whatever job you're in you get a promotion why would you come back and be demoted if you like?" Castle said after Saturday's defeat to Newport County.
You may also want to watch:
"(He's) getting himself involved in full-time football at a league higher and like we've all said, good luck to him. He was a great servant for the short amount of time he had, it would've been great if we could get him but I've discounted it even though it's not 100 per cent dead.
"I think Luton are trying to persuade it but if he's on the bench and things like that then they're obviously looking to get him involved and good luck to him.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant