Castle not hopeful of Poku return
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle isn t holding up much hope of bringing former midfielder Godfrey Poku back to the club on loan. Poku completed his move to Luton Town last week and was named on the bench for the Hatters league clash with Gateshead. Poku
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle isn't holding up much hope of bringing former midfielder Godfrey Poku back to the club on loan.
Poku completed his move to Luton Town last week and was named on the bench for the Hatters' league clash with Gateshead.
Poku's departure to join Richard Money's side has left City light in midfield, but the former Redbridge college student's involvement with the first team squad means Castle isn't confident of a return to Clarence Park.
"It's like whatever job you're in you get a promotion why would you come back and be demoted if you like?" Castle said after Saturday's defeat to Newport County.
You may also want to watch:
"(He's) getting himself involved in full-time football at a league higher and like we've all said, good luck to him. He was a great servant for the short amount of time he had, it would've been great if we could get him but I've discounted it even though it's not 100 per cent dead.
"I think Luton are trying to persuade it but if he's on the bench and things like that then they're obviously looking to get him involved and good luck to him.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly