Castle frustrated at missing out on cup run
STEVE Castle admitted to being frustrated at missing out on a cup run following City s 6-0 FA Trophy defeat at Woking on Saturday. The City boss was disappointed to have missed out on some cup glory like he had achieved with the club s youngsters in the
STEVE Castle admitted to being 'frustrated' at missing out on a cup run following City's 6-0 FA Trophy defeat at Woking on Saturday.
The City boss was disappointed to have missed out on some cup glory like he had achieved with the club's youngsters in the FA Youth Cup but has called for his troops to forget the heavy defeat.
"I'd have loved to have had a cup run, I've never had one with this team and it's very, very frustrating but we've just got to take it on the chin," Castle told the Herts Advertiser.
"We can't do anything about it now by sulking or by moaning and lets just get on with it."
You may also want to watch:
The opening 15 minutes were a complete contrast to the remaining 75 as the visitors bossed the game and created chance after chance but City's Achilles heel - their failure to convert chances - came back to haunt them.
"We started like we did when we came here in the league game," added the City boss.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
"I'm a little bit dumbstruck in some ways, we haven't scored a goal that's the bottom line and if we're not going to score a goal we're going to have to have the stingiest defence there is.
"Going in 2-0 down I still thought we could give it a go. Paul Bastock called it, he did say that the next goal was going to win it and had we got that one it probably puts them on the back foot a little bit.
"Up until the goals went in there was a fair slice of anxiety from them, but as goals were going in they seemed to be getting better and better.