Camp KBK given frosty reception by matchwinner Dave

Herts Advertiser Sunday league round-up

Division Five

Bricket Wood player-manager Dave Frost came off the bench on Sunday to score a last-minute equaliser to earn his side their first point of the season in a 1-1 draw with league-leaders Camp KBK.

The goal ended a seven-match losing streak, after Ritchie Jones had given Camp the lead.

Herts Athletic lost 3-2 to Jersey Farm, who scored two early goals from Adam McNairn. Joe Meija and Ryan McNally pulled two goals back for the home team and a Man of the Match performance from Luke Corner made it a close finish but Farm edged it with a winning goal from Max Parsons.

AFC Mymms defeated Greenwood Park 4-3, with goals coming from Ty Parkin, John Kirkbridge, Simon Skeggs and Nick Chapman. Matt Thorn (two) and Nick Fanshaw scored for Park.

St Albans IFC Res notched their biggest win of the season with a 9-2 victory against George Redbourn. John Thompson led the way by equalling a club record with five goals.

Most Read

Sam Carrington-Kennedy, George Irving, Sam Crafts and Kieron Moss each scored singles. Aaron King scored both goals for George.

Athletico Quat’s Ashley Clifford became the club’s first player this season to score a hat-trick, in a fine 3-1 against Wheathampstead ‘89 Res. Special mentions go to Jordan Parsons and Steve Spring for superb defensive performances. Wheathampstead’s goal came from Scott Rolls.

Herts Sunday Senior Cup

Vision recorded an excellent 5-1 win against Tudor Arms. Jabir Laraba led the way with two goals followed by singles by Joel Norris, Adam Wallace and Carl Costain.

Nicholas Breakspear OB progressed through to the next round with a 5-0 win against Gadeside Rangers. Goals came from Cain Davey, Sam Clark, Paul Doonan, David Parkinson and an own goal.

Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup

Brookmans Park were always in control against CK Guild from the Watford League eventually coming out 3-1 winners. Adam Davies opened the scoring from close range in the first half and Jon Edmonds doubled the lead with a powerful header from a corner soon after the break.

CKG did pull one back, but Park restored the two-goal advantage when Paul Griffiths made the game safe with a penalty.

PSV defeated Broadhall Icon 4-1 helped by two early goals from Tom Hanson and John Baines – both superbly set up by Steve Chapman. PSV tallied two more after the break through Hanson again and Man of the Match Greg Deacon.

Wheathampstead Icarus lost 4-1 to Blackberry Jack with Jack scoring two late goals to seal the victory.

Harpenden Arms’ good form continued with a 2-0 win against Bushey. Having all the play Gary Findlay put the Arms ahead before Andy Findlay doubled the score by half time. Scott Timmins was Arms’ outstanding player.

Man of the Match Stephen Dorer and Sam Ellis scored their first goals of the season for Oaks in a 6-1 win against US Acli FC. Other goals came from Adam Fowler, James Hull, Harry Hunt and Scott Sherman.

Despite two goals from the outstanding Cesar Da Silva, Insurance Store went out of the cup following a 3-2 defeat against Wanderers Res.

Herts Advertiser Knockout Cup

AFC Rangers dominated from start against Skew Bridge Res to win 4-0. Goals came from Jimmy Hill (two), Billy Smith and Marino Sawa. James Hardy was the pick of the Skew players.

Herts Advertiser Intermediate Cup

Precision cruised into the next round of the cup with a 6-1 win against Phoenix Res. Matty Newman stole the show with a superb hat-trick. Chris Wickens helped himself to a brace and Matty Day finished off the goals with a deflected effort.

Church End left it late with three goals in the final 15 minutes from Chris Ainley, Billy Barnes and John Rowland to beat Aquis 3-0.

Premier Division

London Road had five players on the scoresheet when defeating Verulam Arms 5-2 for their third league win. Daniel McCafferty, Eamon Rogers, Winston Taylor, Matt Tillbrook and Man of the Match David Townsend were all on target. Matt Kenneford scored both Arms’ goals.

Jamie Taylor was outstanding in defence as Skew Bridge pushed clear at the top of the league when completing the double over Phoenix in a 6-1 win. The attacking three of Mark Hitchcock, Ben Warren and Ed Frost scored all the goals and Dave Keenleyside was again dominant in midfield.

Division One

Six Bells were in fine form for the first twenty five minutes of the first half against Queens Head Sandridge and goals from Martin Gentleman (two), Andriy Wong Tai Ho, James Pegrum and Mark Marven saw Six Bells with a comfortable 5-0 lead. Queens Head pulled two goals back through Phil Turner before half time.

The second half saw both sides creating chances but couldn’t convert and, with 10 minutes to go, Gentleman completed his hat-trick and Zack Wallace made it 7-2 to Six Bells. Mark Marven was Six Bells’ Man of the Match.

Division Two

Beaver Travel put in their worst all round performance when they went down 7-0 to Colney Heath Rangers. Rebecca Fearns refereed the game well using common sense, allowing the game to flow as much as possible.

Division Three

Brookmans Park Res recorded their biggest win of the season, defeating Wheathampstead ’89 6-2. Goals came from Joe Cullum (two), Ryan Painter (two), Stevie Lake and new signing Paul Turner. Wheathampstead’s goals came from Conor Wild and James Lynch.

St Albans IFC deservedly won a scrappy contest against Queens Head Sandridge Res 4-1. Third division top-scorer Jason Nicolaou led the way with a hat-trick. Pedro Silva scored the fourth.

Second placed Blacksmiths Arms picked up maximum points in a fine 5-0 win against Colney Heath Rangers Res. Top marksman and Man of the Match Oli Franks brought his tally to 13 with four goals. Dean Skipsey scored the other.

Nicholas Breakspear OB res came from behind to overhaul O’Neills 5-4. Goals came from a James Wheeler brace plus singles by Tom Gajjar, Ryan Hearne and James Juggins. Phil Newbury was the Old Boys Man of the Match. O’Neills scorers were Edward Chisenwa, Paul Crosbie, Joe Geddes and Constantinos Plakouas.

Division Four

An injury-hit Dukes defeated The Ridge 2-1, despite falling behind. Goals from Antony Brown and Jack Johnson sealed the three points.

Harpenden Colts OB drew 1-1 with Marshalswick Rovers. Cheng He scored for Harpenden while Ian Taylor levelled the scores.

Brookmans Park A team were on the right side of a 2-0 victory over St Albans Royals, who put in their worst showing of the season, both Park’s goals coming from Mike Donkin.

Vision Res ended a five game run without a win when defeating Marquis of Granby 5-2 with two goals apiece from Luiz Megalhies and Mohammed Bakhti, plus a Danny Mayo single.

Oaks Res extended their unbeaten league run to five games with a 6-2 win against Cottonmill. Goals came from a brace apiece by Stephen Conroy, Tom Jackson and Scott Turner. Chris Usel picked up the Oaks Man of the Match tag.

A fine performance by Matt Pond plus a Rob Flanagan goal couldn’t save White Horse from going down 3-1 against Raiders Utd.