St Albans City historian looking for help to fill club’s memory-filled past
- Credit: Archant
A call has gone out to St Albans City fans and lovers of history – help us to fill our gaps and replace our photos.
It has come from club historian and match-day videographer and interviewer, Dave Tavener.
He helps populate and maintain the Saints statistics website, a treasure trove of facts, memories and photos from the life of the Clarence Park-based football club that was set-up by Mark Jones in 2001.
Life in lockdown has given them the time to produce reviews of the season, including the year spent in the top flight of non-league football, but it is the photo section that is occupying most of their time as they look to gather “a comprehensive selection of team photos from 1908”.
Tavener said: “There are gaps and there are many that are of a poor quality but if you have any that have not been included, or know of someone who might, then we’d love to see them, either scans or the originals that we can return by post.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully this will stimulate interest in the history.”
To view the website go to https://saintsstatistics.co.uk/
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities