St Albans City historian looking for help to fill club’s memory-filled past
- Credit: Archant
A call has gone out to St Albans City fans and lovers of history – help us to fill our gaps and replace our photos.
It has come from club historian and match-day videographer and interviewer, Dave Tavener.
He helps populate and maintain the Saints statistics website, a treasure trove of facts, memories and photos from the life of the Clarence Park-based football club that was set-up by Mark Jones in 2001.
Life in lockdown has given them the time to produce reviews of the season, including the year spent in the top flight of non-league football, but it is the photo section that is occupying most of their time as they look to gather “a comprehensive selection of team photos from 1908”.
Tavener said: “There are gaps and there are many that are of a poor quality but if you have any that have not been included, or know of someone who might, then we’d love to see them, either scans or the originals that we can return by post.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully this will stimulate interest in the history.”
To view the website go to https://saintsstatistics.co.uk/
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser