By George Harpenden Colts make flying start
Harpenden Colts GEORGE Scott to get the Under 16s Vultures off to a fine start against Chorleywood Blue and they went on to secure a 6-3 victory. Jo Clayton scored the second and Jarad Cave notched a brace including a wonder strike and a goal set up well
GEORGE Scott to get the Under 16s Vultures off to a fine start against Chorleywood Blue and they went on to secure a 6-3 victory. Jo Clayton scored the second and Jarad Cave notched a brace including a wonder strike and a goal set up well by Chris Kent. Ryan Goodland also scored twice including a spectacular low shot into the bottom corner to complete the impressive victory.
Alex Goldstone scored twice as the Under 15s Dynamos beat Harvesters North 4-1. Alexander Ward and Man of the Match James Morehen netted a goal each.
The Under 14s Leopards were defeated 5-0 by Tornados. James McMurray worked hard to spark the attack and Luke Bryant battled gamely in defence while Lawrence Hall showed some nice touches.
The Under 12s Athletic put on a magnificent performance to draw 4-4 away to league leaders Berkhamsted Raiders Blue. Hugh Pettit scored twice and Ryan Carter and Zaigham Kazmi also netted before late defensive heroics ensured a point in an exciting encounter.
Josh King netted all three goals in the first half as the Under 12s Rovers beat East Herts Youth 3-1. Sam Hartnup took the Man of the Match trophy for his solid performance in the centre of defence.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Goals from Sam Jones and Luke Owen secured a 2-1 win for the Under 12s United against Chorleywood Youth. Captain Sam Ivens was named Man of the Match.