Busy week for St Albans Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another busy week down at St Albans Bowls Club.
Dave Kiff & Steve Wilson played Harperbury pair D Trollope & John Allen in the district pairs and won a very close game on the very last end by 21 shots to 19.
The midweek men hosted Hatfield in district rink league match and won on three of the four rinks by to win 72-66.
Top rink for St Albans was Phil Macarthur, John Cooper, Kevin Hull and skip Tony Rylands.
The Ladies played a two-rink friendly away to Kings Langley winning on one and losing on the other, losing the match 45-35.
You may also want to watch:
In the County Top Ten against Harpenden they won just the singles 21-11 but lost on the other three disciplines and the match by 103-54.
In a weekend five-rink mixed friendly match away to Hemel Hempstead, St Albans won on three rinks to take the match 100-90.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
The rink of Andy Kay, Sally Griffiths, Trevor Ewer and skip Ted Salvidge were the stars, winning 23-13.