Busy week for St Albans Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another busy week down at St Albans Bowls Club.
Dave Kiff & Steve Wilson played Harperbury pair D Trollope & John Allen in the district pairs and won a very close game on the very last end by 21 shots to 19.
The midweek men hosted Hatfield in district rink league match and won on three of the four rinks by to win 72-66.
Top rink for St Albans was Phil Macarthur, John Cooper, Kevin Hull and skip Tony Rylands.
The Ladies played a two-rink friendly away to Kings Langley winning on one and losing on the other, losing the match 45-35.
You may also want to watch:
In the County Top Ten against Harpenden they won just the singles 21-11 but lost on the other three disciplines and the match by 103-54.
In a weekend five-rink mixed friendly match away to Hemel Hempstead, St Albans won on three rinks to take the match 100-90.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
The rink of Andy Kay, Sally Griffiths, Trevor Ewer and skip Ted Salvidge were the stars, winning 23-13.