Busy week for City ladies sees them take three points from six
ST ALBANS City ladies picked up three points from six in a busy week.
Last Wednesday the ladies lost 1-0 to AFC Dunstable. With the wind playing a major role in the fixture, City fought hard for every ball resulting in an equal amount of possession against a strong opposition, unfortunately without finding the back of the net.
After numerous close chances for City, the luck fell to Dunstable who saw their 70th minute free kick float into the net.
In the second game, City reversed the scoreline, running out 1-0 winners against Offley and Stopsley. The ladies came out fighting after their midweek battle and controlled the midfield contest. The game was secured in the first half by Hollie Sheridan.
Kelly Hancock’s long throw found Megan Kiff who managed to get a shot away but it was pushed out by Offley’s goalkeeper. Hollie Sheridan was quick to react and slotted it in the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
The whole squad worked hard in the second half to keep Offley at bay to end up with all the points.
Squad: Christina Freestone, Rachel Sherlow, Sammy Rowlands, Coral Clayton, Grace Campion, Molly Slade, Lucy Hancock (C), Sophie Joseph, Holly Sheridan, Megan Kiff, Kelly Hancock, Isis Anders, Laura Noble, Faith Trounce.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans