Bury inflict home defeat on Harps
London One North Harpenden 11 Bury St Edmunds 13 HARPENDEN were edged out in their match with Bury St Edmunds, losing 13-11. The Men In Black took the lead when Singleton converted a penalty awarded from the first foray into the opposition 22. Bury St Edm
London One North
Harpenden 11 Bury St Edmunds 13
HARPENDEN were edged out in their match with Bury St Edmunds, losing 13-11.
The Men In Black took the lead when Singleton converted a penalty awarded from the first foray into the opposition 22.
Bury St Edmunds drew level with a penalty of their own converted by Beukies and went close to grabbing the first try of the match only for the referee to adjudge that Tim Ball had been held up over the line by the Harpenden defence.
Singleton restored Harpenden's lead with a penalty only to see Bury storm into the lead with the match's first try.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
A line out catch and drive move was well executed and resulted in a try for Bury hooker Brad James. Beukies did well to add the extras converting from the out on the touchline to give Bury a 10-6 half time lead.
Bury had the elements in their favour in the second half and despite a good performance from number eight Pienaar they were unable to force home any advantage.
The visitors did at one point have two extra men on the pitch but all they could muster was another Beukies penalty.
Harpenden, sensing they could get something from the game, seemed to rise in confidence and they got back in contention when Williams ghosted through a tackle and off loaded to Spiers to scored by the posts. Somehow though Singleton managed to miss the conversion.
There was still 17 minutes left on the clock for Harpenden to grind out a victory but they were unable to add the scoreboard and were left to reflect on Singleton's missed conversion.