Burgess nets to secure draw
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One Bedford 2 Harpenden Town 2 JOSEPH Burgess had the final say as Harpenden Town collected a dramatic point at Bedford on Saturday in Division One. Mark Reed gave the home side an early lead on six minutes
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One
Bedford 2 Harpenden Town 2
JOSEPH Burgess had the final say as Harpenden Town collected a dramatic point at Bedford on Saturday in Division One.
Mark Reed gave the home side an early lead on six minutes but Harpenden responded well and Iain Turkentine levelled the scores with a strike on 30 minutes.
The match looked to be progressing to a 1-1 draw when Michael Peters seemed to have snatched the win for the hosts, scoring on 80 minutes.
Harpenden had other ideas and hit back, with Burgess netting on 81 minutes to secure the 2-2 draw.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
l Leigh Wooldridge opened the scoring for Harpenden Town at Crawley Green but two second half goals turned the match around on Wednesday, August 13.
Wooldridge struck with a free kick early on for Town and they went in at the break 1-0 up.
In the second half James Dixon equalised on 63 minutes for Crawley Green and Luke Singleton then made it 2-1 on 80 minutes, dealing a savage blow to Harpenden.
The Rothamsted Park outfit battled on in the final stages and had several good chances to snatch a point but were unable to find the net.
Harpenden go away to Amersham Town in Division One on Saturday and will be looking for their first win of the campaign.