Burger tucks in as Radlett take the points
Home Counties Premier Cricket League Radlett 149-10 (54.3) Banbury 100-10 (51.5) SKIPPER Shane Burger picked up five wickets as Radlett demolished hosts Banbury on Saturday in the Home Counties Premier Cricket League Division One.
Home Counties Premier Cricket League
Radlett 149-10 (54.3) Banbury 100-10 (51.5)
SKIPPER Shane Burger picked up five wickets as Radlett demolished hosts Banbury on Saturday in the Home Counties Premier Cricket League Division One.
After batting first, Radlett were dismissed for just 149. Paul Taylor picked up 7-18 for Banbury in an amazing bowling display. Felix Walker top scored for Radlett with 44 before he was caught, and number nine Mike Crocker finished on 22 not out.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett set about the task of defending the total with relish and a stunning performance from Burger saw him claim 5-16 off 13.5 overs. Middlesex bowler Gareth Berg picked up two wickets and Paul Barker continued his fine form with two victims. Walker added to his fine batting contribution as he picked up 1-7 off six overs and Banbury were struck out for just 100 off 51.5 overs. Rob Watson conceded just five runs off his five overs with three maidens bowled.
Radlett will look to continue their superb form when they take on impressive Hertfordshire rivals Welwyn Garden City at Cobden Hill on Saturday with an 11am start.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared