Buglioni ready to rock York Hall
- Credit: Archant
Super-middleweight talent Frank Buglioni says he’s ready to rock on Saturday. September 20 at the York Hall.
Buglioni has linked up with former two-weight world champion and St Albans resident Steve Collins and his brother Paschal as he looks to continue on his comeback in a 10-round international contest against an opponent to be confirmed.
The 25-year-old suffered a shock loss to Belarussian Sergey Khomitsky in April, but stormed back to victory in July to claim the Southern Area title, stopping Sam Couzens inside four rounds. Shortly after he changed trainers from Mark Tibbs to the Collins brothers.
Now the North Londoner has based himself in Dublin for training camps and says he’s feeling the difference.
“I started training again straight after the fight against Couzens and I haven’t really stopped so I can’t wait to get back into action and rock the York Hall on September 20,” Said Buglioni.
You may also want to watch:
“My former trainer Mark Tibbs did a fantastic job by building a solid foundation with me and now Steve and Paschal are continuing and improving on that, adding the finishing touches.
“The experience is something new to me, I’m on my own out here in Dublin, away from home and out of the comfort zone. Here I’m just focused solely on my boxing which is making me more hungry and determined.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
“I feel great at the moment with the change of scenery, my mind is sharper and I feel that it’s all coming together with my skills, my defence is improving, I’m working on combinations, counters, and becoming the complete package.
“I’m just really excited to return to the ring and whoever is in there against me, I’ll show my improvements by putting on a devastating performance.”
Bradley Skeete headlines an action-packed show at the York Hall when he defends his WBA Intercontinental Welterweight title. The undercard features Buglioni, plus Wembley light-middleweight Gary Corcoran, Chingford super-middleweight Tom Baker, Coulsdon light-welterweight Brett Beadon, Islington light-middleweight Georgie Kean, Manchester welterweight Macaulay McGowan, Wimbledon welterweight Louis Adolphe and Clapham light-heavyweight Kirk Garvey.
Tickets priced at £40 and £60 are available from Ticketmaster on 0844 844 0444 or at www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Watch live and exclusive on BoxNation on Sky 437/HD 490, Virgin 546 and Talk Talk 525. Join at www.boxnation.com. Or watch online at Livesport.tv and via iPhone, iPad or Android.