Bruce Almighty puts Colney in seventh heaven
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy
London Colney 7
Chipperfield Corinthians 0
TWO goals each from Bruce Hutchinson and Jimmy Warner helped London Colney ease past Chipperfield Corinthians and into the third round of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
Hutchinson opened the scoring inside four minutes when he headed home Craig Knightly’s cross and 15 minutes late it was two nil when Warner crashed home at the far post from Kenny Hull’s corner.
Trevor Stevens was next to get in on the act firing home from 12 yards after John Butler had hooked the ball into the penalty area just six minutes later.
Goal number four came from the penalty spot after Knightly’s run was stopped illegally inside the penalty area and Warner sent goalkeeper Stuart Bedall the wrong way from the spot.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
The one-way traffic continued with Colney adding a fifth three minutes before the interval when Hull’s free kick was headed down by Stevens giving Andy Saul an easy tap in from close range.
Hutchinson netted his second goal of the contest on 67 minutes reacting quickest to turn the ball home after Aaron Clarke had seen his effort saved by Bedall.
Clarke did join his team-mate on the scoresheet though when he netted the seventh and final goal of the match, racing in to head home from four yards from Hutchinson’s left-wing cross.