Bruce Almighty puts Colney in seventh heaven
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy
London Colney 7
Chipperfield Corinthians 0
TWO goals each from Bruce Hutchinson and Jimmy Warner helped London Colney ease past Chipperfield Corinthians and into the third round of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
Hutchinson opened the scoring inside four minutes when he headed home Craig Knightly’s cross and 15 minutes late it was two nil when Warner crashed home at the far post from Kenny Hull’s corner.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Stevens was next to get in on the act firing home from 12 yards after John Butler had hooked the ball into the penalty area just six minutes later.
Goal number four came from the penalty spot after Knightly’s run was stopped illegally inside the penalty area and Warner sent goalkeeper Stuart Bedall the wrong way from the spot.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The one-way traffic continued with Colney adding a fifth three minutes before the interval when Hull’s free kick was headed down by Stevens giving Andy Saul an easy tap in from close range.
Hutchinson netted his second goal of the contest on 67 minutes reacting quickest to turn the ball home after Aaron Clarke had seen his effort saved by Bedall.
Clarke did join his team-mate on the scoresheet though when he netted the seventh and final goal of the match, racing in to head home from four yards from Hutchinson’s left-wing cross.