Brookes leads the chase
HARPENDEN II beat Sawbridgeworth II at St George s School on Saturday in Division Three. Sawbo won the toss and after choosing to bowl were dismissed for 177. Simon Murray took 4-39 for Harpenden and John Kerley claimed two wickets. In reply, Harpenden
HARPENDEN II beat Sawbridgeworth II at St George's School on Saturday in Division Three.
Sawbo won the toss and after choosing to bowl were dismissed for 177. Simon Murray took 4-39 for Harpenden and John Kerley claimed two wickets.
In reply, Harpenden smashed their way to 178-2 off 34.5 overs. Mick Brookes led the chase home with 68 not out off 93 balls. Mark Fordham (49), Will Bates (19) and Tony Hooper (24 not out) all hit out to seal the win.
Key contributions from the middle order ensured Harpenden III won at Potton Town in Division Four.
You may also want to watch:
Deshan Karunaratne hit 68 off 76 balls and Edward Washington (31 off 45) and Mark Lowden (55 not out off 69) ensured Harpenden recovered from 30-3 to reach 213-8 to win the chase. Earlier Mike Cooper took 7-48 as Potton were bowled out for 212.
Ben Rogers took five wickets before Andrew Keens (40 not out) and Philip Waters (32 not out) sealed a 10 wicket win for Harpenden V on Saturday at Toulmin Drive against BHCC.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images