Bronze for Bullman at British Youth Fencing Championship
- Credit: Archant
Evie Bullman was the cream of the fencing crop after picking up a bronze medal at the British Youth Championships.
Bullman, who goes to Queenswood Girls School, was one of a number from the St Albans-based Paul Davis Fencing Academy who took part in the tournament at Sheffield.
She picked up her medal in the U12 Girls Sabre.
Paul Davis said: “Evie has only been fencing since September and proved that hard work and a fighting spirit pays off.”
In total there was a squad of 22 from Team PDFA, who had qualified from the Eastern Region, among the 2,000 fencers from across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Bullman there was some fantastic performances from Owen Grosvenor, Oscar Mogie and Oscar Hill.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant