Bronze for Breen in Swansea
- Credit: SPORTINGWALES
Oaklands College sprinter Olivia Breen won bronze at the IPC Athletics European Championships in Swansea.
The 18-year-old clocked 13.96s in a tight T38 100m final to claim third place.
Speaking to Welsh Athletic’s official website, she said: “I’m so happy, I just wanted to get out there and do it.
“I felt the Ukrainian on my shoulder and I aimed to beat her so I just went for it. I did it.
“I’m happy because this is the most important event to me. I’ve just started competing in the long jump but this is my main event.”
You may also want to watch:
Breen has another chance of a medal in the F35/F38 4x100m relay on Saturday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team