Bronze for Breen in Swansea
- Credit: SPORTINGWALES
Oaklands College sprinter Olivia Breen won bronze at the IPC Athletics European Championships in Swansea.
The 18-year-old clocked 13.96s in a tight T38 100m final to claim third place.
Speaking to Welsh Athletic’s official website, she said: “I’m so happy, I just wanted to get out there and do it.
“I felt the Ukrainian on my shoulder and I aimed to beat her so I just went for it. I did it.
“I’m happy because this is the most important event to me. I’ve just started competing in the long jump but this is my main event.”
You may also want to watch:
Breen has another chance of a medal in the F35/F38 4x100m relay on Saturday.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans