Broncos Joey Grima hosts Cents’ end of year awards
St Albans Centurions minis and juniors marked the end of another season with their awards ceremony, held at a packed New Greens clubhouse.
The event was made extra special with the guest of honour, Joey Grima, head coach of the London Broncos Rugby League side, who gave out the awards to many familiar faces as an army of Centurions had a attended the previous day’s Super League game between Broncos’ and Bradford Bulls as his guests.
The award winners at U9 were: players’ player – Robert Hutchings; coaches’ award – William Heselton; most improved – Ahmed Mrabate
U11: players’ player – Rory Vorster; coaches’ award: Alex Gosling; most improved: Gaby McGlenn and Aran Gnanendran; Centurions medal for outstanding contribution - Sophie Bates and Cian Kelly.
U12: coaches’ player – Harry Dean.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the event, coach Gary Tetlow said: “It was a great way to round off a wonderful year for all three age groups. After a turbulent two or three years for the juniors we decided to trim down the number of sides and ensure that we ran the sides well rather than over stretch ourselves.
“The result has been impressive with each team competing keenly in their respective age groups. In the off season we are looking to recruit more players, and also qualify more coaches, and introduce more volunteers to this great game and club.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
“As well as consolidating these age groups we are looking to also run U7 and U13 sides next year. It meant a lot to all the players to be recognised individually today and for those who took the main awards, well done.”
For further information about the Centurions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07713472091.