Broncos Joey Grima hosts Cents’ end of year awards
St Albans Centurions minis and juniors marked the end of another season with their awards ceremony, held at a packed New Greens clubhouse.
The event was made extra special with the guest of honour, Joey Grima, head coach of the London Broncos Rugby League side, who gave out the awards to many familiar faces as an army of Centurions had a attended the previous day’s Super League game between Broncos’ and Bradford Bulls as his guests.
The award winners at U9 were: players’ player – Robert Hutchings; coaches’ award – William Heselton; most improved – Ahmed Mrabate
U11: players’ player – Rory Vorster; coaches’ award: Alex Gosling; most improved: Gaby McGlenn and Aran Gnanendran; Centurions medal for outstanding contribution - Sophie Bates and Cian Kelly.
U12: coaches’ player – Harry Dean.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the event, coach Gary Tetlow said: “It was a great way to round off a wonderful year for all three age groups. After a turbulent two or three years for the juniors we decided to trim down the number of sides and ensure that we ran the sides well rather than over stretch ourselves.
“The result has been impressive with each team competing keenly in their respective age groups. In the off season we are looking to recruit more players, and also qualify more coaches, and introduce more volunteers to this great game and club.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
“As well as consolidating these age groups we are looking to also run U7 and U13 sides next year. It meant a lot to all the players to be recognised individually today and for those who took the main awards, well done.”
For further information about the Centurions, contact email@example.com / 07713472091.