Bromley lose Gillman, Guy joins Braintree and changes at Weston
The latest news from Blue Square South
WITH the start of the new Blue Square Bet South season fast approaching clubs have been busy in the transfer market.
Bromley skipper Rob Gillman has been reunited with his former Bishop’s Stortford boss Martin Hayes at Dover Athletic and Richard Butler has also left Hayes Lane. Joining Bromley are Tooting & Mitcham striker Paul Vines and Braintree Town goalkeeper Craig Holloway.
Braintree received an undisclosed fee plus a sell-on clause after last season’s top scorer George Purcell completed a move to last season’s beaten Blue Square Premier play-off finalists York City. New Iron boss Rod Stringer has wasted no time in drafting in a replacement for Purcell agreeing a deal with Grays Athletic striker Jamie Guy.
New Weston-super-Mare boss Craig Laird has made three additions to his squad including the signing of son Jamie from former club Bridgwater Town.
Also joining the Seagulls are midfielders Scott Gilbert and Kane Ingram.
Leaving Weston is midfielder Darren Mullings who has joined Gloucester City.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
Glenn Pennyfather has bolstered his defence with the signing of Sami El-Abd. El-Abd joins Matt Lock, Mark Haines, John Martin and Dave Rainford who were already under contract for the Clarets.