Bromley lose Gillman, Guy joins Braintree and changes at Weston
The latest news from Blue Square South
WITH the start of the new Blue Square Bet South season fast approaching clubs have been busy in the transfer market.
Bromley skipper Rob Gillman has been reunited with his former Bishop’s Stortford boss Martin Hayes at Dover Athletic and Richard Butler has also left Hayes Lane. Joining Bromley are Tooting & Mitcham striker Paul Vines and Braintree Town goalkeeper Craig Holloway.
Braintree received an undisclosed fee plus a sell-on clause after last season’s top scorer George Purcell completed a move to last season’s beaten Blue Square Premier play-off finalists York City. New Iron boss Rod Stringer has wasted no time in drafting in a replacement for Purcell agreeing a deal with Grays Athletic striker Jamie Guy.
New Weston-super-Mare boss Craig Laird has made three additions to his squad including the signing of son Jamie from former club Bridgwater Town.
You may also want to watch:
Also joining the Seagulls are midfielders Scott Gilbert and Kane Ingram.
Leaving Weston is midfielder Darren Mullings who has joined Gloucester City.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Glenn Pennyfather has bolstered his defence with the signing of Sami El-Abd. El-Abd joins Matt Lock, Mark Haines, John Martin and Dave Rainford who were already under contract for the Clarets.