Bromley lose Gillman, Guy joins Braintree and changes at Weston
The latest news from Blue Square South
WITH the start of the new Blue Square Bet South season fast approaching clubs have been busy in the transfer market.
Bromley skipper Rob Gillman has been reunited with his former Bishop’s Stortford boss Martin Hayes at Dover Athletic and Richard Butler has also left Hayes Lane. Joining Bromley are Tooting & Mitcham striker Paul Vines and Braintree Town goalkeeper Craig Holloway.
Braintree received an undisclosed fee plus a sell-on clause after last season’s top scorer George Purcell completed a move to last season’s beaten Blue Square Premier play-off finalists York City. New Iron boss Rod Stringer has wasted no time in drafting in a replacement for Purcell agreeing a deal with Grays Athletic striker Jamie Guy.
New Weston-super-Mare boss Craig Laird has made three additions to his squad including the signing of son Jamie from former club Bridgwater Town.
You may also want to watch:
Also joining the Seagulls are midfielders Scott Gilbert and Kane Ingram.
Leaving Weston is midfielder Darren Mullings who has joined Gloucester City.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
Glenn Pennyfather has bolstered his defence with the signing of Sami El-Abd. El-Abd joins Matt Lock, Mark Haines, John Martin and Dave Rainford who were already under contract for the Clarets.