Delight for Olivia Howeson as St Albans skier clinches British title
- Credit: Archant
St Albans ski sensation Olivia Howeson defied the odds as she became British Champion at the 2019 GB Alpine Championships.
The 12-year-old was one of the youngest competitors in the competition but still topped the podium in the U14 slalom with a combined time of 1:40.41.
And the Samuel Ryder Academy pupil is already excited to defend her title next year.
She said: “I could have skied even better but it’s still a great result.
“I was fairly happy with both the runs I put together. It felt good on the way down but I could have been less skiddy to go even faster.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite nerve-wracking coming to the British championships but I put it out of my mind and just concentrated on racing as best as I could.”
Follow all the action from the 2019 GB Alpine Championships by visiting www.gbsnowsport.com, following @gbsnowsport on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and using the hashtag #GBAlpineChamps.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust