Delight for Olivia Howeson as St Albans skier clinches British title
- Credit: Archant
St Albans ski sensation Olivia Howeson defied the odds as she became British Champion at the 2019 GB Alpine Championships.
The 12-year-old was one of the youngest competitors in the competition but still topped the podium in the U14 slalom with a combined time of 1:40.41.
And the Samuel Ryder Academy pupil is already excited to defend her title next year.
She said: “I could have skied even better but it’s still a great result.
“I was fairly happy with both the runs I put together. It felt good on the way down but I could have been less skiddy to go even faster.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite nerve-wracking coming to the British championships but I put it out of my mind and just concentrated on racing as best as I could.”
Follow all the action from the 2019 GB Alpine Championships by visiting www.gbsnowsport.com, following @gbsnowsport on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and using the hashtag #GBAlpineChamps.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans