Breen appears on Sky Sports to talk about her Commonwealth experience
Oaklands College paralympic athlete Olivia Breen was on Sky Sports News today talking about her Commonwealth Games experience after just missing out on a medal in the long jump.
Breen, who better known as a sprinter, only took up the event in December but, despite her relative inexperience, she recorded 4.06 to comfortably come fourth in the event.
Speaking to Sky Sports News, the 18-year-old, who is a Sky Academy Sports Scholar, said she really enjoyed the Glasgow Games and was happy with her result.
“It was really fun, a really good event and it was really good to be in Glasgow and have a home crowd,” she said.
“I was really happy; it was my first go at big major championships and my first Commonwealths. I was a bit disappointed to miss out on a medal but I’m happy with how I did.
“It has made me more determined to do well at the European Championships.”
Breen will be competing in the 100m, long jump and 4x100m relay at the Europeans and is targeting three medals.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
“I would love to get a medal in the 100m and maybe the long jump,” she said.
“I’m really looking forward to it and I think we could win a medla in the relay too.”
Speaking about Rio 2016, she said: “I would love to get a gold medal; that’s my long-term goal. I’ve been working really hard since London so to go on the podium would be a dream come true.”