Bravery in defeat for injury-ridden Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Misfortune and a valliant effort were the only rewards as Tabard left London with a 52-3 defeat to HAC.
The Radlett-based rugby club were again shorn of a number of key players but were unlucky not to convert possession into more points.
They actually took the lead with a well-struck penalty from Jack Reilly after 12 minutes but these unfortunately were the only points they would collect.
They showed great spirit to rally after conceding three soft scores soon after and the pack were able to push their heavier opponents off their own ball at the scrum.
Aaron Priscott was stopped short and Reilly held up over the line as they looked for a try of their own
You may also want to watch:
Padraig Naughton impressed at full-back in his second outing for the first team but a nasty cut to the mouth for Reilly ended his game early and added to the growing list of Tabard injuries.
And three late tries rubbed salt into the wounds.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues