Bravery in defeat for injury-ridden Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Misfortune and a valliant effort were the only rewards as Tabard left London with a 52-3 defeat to HAC.
The Radlett-based rugby club were again shorn of a number of key players but were unlucky not to convert possession into more points.
They actually took the lead with a well-struck penalty from Jack Reilly after 12 minutes but these unfortunately were the only points they would collect.
They showed great spirit to rally after conceding three soft scores soon after and the pack were able to push their heavier opponents off their own ball at the scrum.
Aaron Priscott was stopped short and Reilly held up over the line as they looked for a try of their own
You may also want to watch:
Padraig Naughton impressed at full-back in his second outing for the first team but a nasty cut to the mouth for Reilly ended his game early and added to the growing list of Tabard injuries.
And three late tries rubbed salt into the wounds.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads