Bravery in defeat for injury-ridden Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Misfortune and a valliant effort were the only rewards as Tabard left London with a 52-3 defeat to HAC.
The Radlett-based rugby club were again shorn of a number of key players but were unlucky not to convert possession into more points.
They actually took the lead with a well-struck penalty from Jack Reilly after 12 minutes but these unfortunately were the only points they would collect.
They showed great spirit to rally after conceding three soft scores soon after and the pack were able to push their heavier opponents off their own ball at the scrum.
Aaron Priscott was stopped short and Reilly held up over the line as they looked for a try of their own
Padraig Naughton impressed at full-back in his second outing for the first team but a nasty cut to the mouth for Reilly ended his game early and added to the growing list of Tabard injuries.
And three late tries rubbed salt into the wounds.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school