Brad day at the office for beaten Blueboys
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One New Bradwell St Peter 5 London Colney 0 AFTER their recent run of good results, London Colney visited New Bradwell St Peter on Tuesday night and were well and truly beaten. Russell Gallagher had a couple
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One
New Bradwell St Peter 5
London Colney 0
AFTER their recent run of good results, London Colney visited New Bradwell St Peter on Tuesday night and were well and truly beaten. Russell Gallagher had a couple of chances early and Ladyman in the Blueboys' goal made a couple of good saves before New Bradwell took the lead in the 28th minute. Lee Coulter's deflected shot fell into the path of Mike O'Farrell who ran on to slot the ball past Ladyman.
You may also want to watch:
At the start of the second half it became 2-0 when confusion between McCafferty and Paradise allowed Lee White to nip in and score. Things got even worse on the hour mark when a long ball bounced over Ladyman's head and O'Farrell was quickly in to tap home.
Six minutes later it was 4-0 when Coulter was left unmarked at a corner and headed home while the final goal came on 75 minutes when a fierce cross/shot was beaten out by Ladyman, only for Gary Davis to drill the loose ball home from 16 yards.
- 1 St Albans support Asian women through lockdown struggles
- 2 Drive-in cinema, comedy and music coming to Hertfordshire Showground
- 3 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 4 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 5 New community hub set to become a reality at last
- 6 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 7 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Work set to begin on new Clarence Park playground
- 10 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
In the very last minute Colney created their only real chance when Danslow played the ball out wide to Corran who delivered a perfect cross but Sam Mitchell headed wide from just two yards.
London Colney: Ladyman, Benning, McCafferty, Humbert, Paradise, Beschizza (Corran), Seabrook (C. Davey), Simmonds, Danslow, Gallagher, Barker (Mitchell).