Brace each for Bailey and Gallagher as Colney blitz Hillingdon
- Credit: Archant
Manager Ryan Thompson got an early Christmas present from London Colney as his side recorded a five-goal blitz of Hillingdon Borough.
Greg Shaw got the ball rolling in the Blueboys’ biggest win of the season six minutes into the second-half when he smashed home Adriano Gil’s corner after Hillingdon failed to clear.
The floodgate truly burst open in the final 20 minutes of the game when Elliot Bailey and Russell Gallagher grabbed four goals between them. Bailey headed in Gallagher’s cross for the 2-0 and then the same players combined for Colney’s third - this time Gallagher got the vital touch.
Bailey he raced away from Hillingdon’s defenders and slipped the ball past Frank Attwell for Colney’s fourth and Gallagher wrapped up the rout with a power near-post header.
Colney are next in action on Saturday, December 27, away at Oxhey Jets.
You may also want to watch:
• The reserves lost 5-3 at Welwyn Garden City Reserves. Colney’s goals came from Joe Inman, Jack Nevin and Yasir Rashid. London Colney Blues beat Sun Postal 5-0 in the league with veteran striker Eamonn Rogers scoring a hat-trick and Glenn Ihama a brace.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?