Brace each for Bailey and Gallagher as Colney blitz Hillingdon
- Credit: Archant
Manager Ryan Thompson got an early Christmas present from London Colney as his side recorded a five-goal blitz of Hillingdon Borough.
Greg Shaw got the ball rolling in the Blueboys’ biggest win of the season six minutes into the second-half when he smashed home Adriano Gil’s corner after Hillingdon failed to clear.
The floodgate truly burst open in the final 20 minutes of the game when Elliot Bailey and Russell Gallagher grabbed four goals between them. Bailey headed in Gallagher’s cross for the 2-0 and then the same players combined for Colney’s third - this time Gallagher got the vital touch.
Bailey he raced away from Hillingdon’s defenders and slipped the ball past Frank Attwell for Colney’s fourth and Gallagher wrapped up the rout with a power near-post header.
Colney are next in action on Saturday, December 27, away at Oxhey Jets.
You may also want to watch:
• The reserves lost 5-3 at Welwyn Garden City Reserves. Colney’s goals came from Joe Inman, Jack Nevin and Yasir Rashid. London Colney Blues beat Sun Postal 5-0 in the league with veteran striker Eamonn Rogers scoring a hat-trick and Glenn Ihama a brace.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans