Boxers and rugby players set to go toe-to-toe for charity
- Credit: Archant
Boxers and rugby players will go toe-to-toe in the ring all in the name of charity on Friday, July 11 at St Albans Polo Club.
Inside360 is hosting an ‘old school’ pros against celebs boxing match at St Albans Polo Club to help raise money for Rugby for Heroes and The Irish Guards. Both charities help get ex-service men and women, and their families, back into civilian life after returning from conflicts.
So far, Inside360 has announced the boxers will be former Commonwealth champion Chris Okoh, Paul ‘Silky’ Jones – the first British-born light middleweight world champion – former British and Commonwealth super bantamweight Mike Alldis and Steve Collins Jnr, whose dad was a two-weight world champion and will be in one of the corners. Ben ‘Duracel’ Jones will be in the other.
Across from them will be former All Black Craig Newby, former Scarlets hooker Craig Hawkins and London Welsh full-back Paul Sampson, plus one other to be confirmed.
The whole evening will be under a marquee with DJ Spoony on the decks and London Cheerleaders as the ring girls.
You may also want to watch:
Niki Hobbs, the director of Inside360, said: “It has proved a great concept mixing the rugby players and boxers, bringing the two sporting worlds together, and although we must stress this is a charity event and the basis is on fun, I’m also sure they will all put up some great entertainment in the ring.”
For ticket sales and details, visit www.mshobbs.co.uk. To receive information in the run-up to the event, follow @FightFarm or @busygirlalways on Twitter
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
Inside360 is giving local businesses the chance to get involved with the night. Catering and bar opportunities are available and exhibitors and sponsors are also encouraged from an array of businesses to get involved with the event. For prices for stands and packages, contact George Gros on 07970 804019 or James Crawley on 07825228699.