Townsend and Batchwood advance in district and county tournaments
- Credit: PA
There was a busy week of competition in the cups for both Townsend and Batchwood bowls clubs.
Batchwood's Jackie Bell and Judi Simons reached the semi-final of the District Aussie Pairs with two victories.
They first won away to Kings Langley in straight sets before a 2-1 win against Hatfield in the next round.
The pair also joined up with Tricia Gascoine and Lesley Tutt to win 26-14 against Welwyn Garden City in the County Fours.
Townsend's Peter Thomson and Alan Charran meanwhile are through to the last four of the District Pairs after a 19-16 win against St Albans where they will meet North Mymms.
The pair were also on separate teams in the quarter-finals of the District Fours.
Thomson, together with Ian Forster, Bob Lawrie and Roger Potter, beat Shire Park 29-7, the hosts conceding after 15 ends.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Charron meanwhile got together with Mike Doherty, Clyde Martindill and Mike Cowell to see off Harpenden 19-11.
They were kept apart in the semi-final with two teams from Potters Bar the opposition.
Townsend also booked their place in the county divisional finals after a strong series of results.