Townsend and Batchwood advance in district and county tournaments
- Credit: PA
There was a busy week of competition in the cups for both Townsend and Batchwood bowls clubs.
Batchwood's Jackie Bell and Judi Simons reached the semi-final of the District Aussie Pairs with two victories.
They first won away to Kings Langley in straight sets before a 2-1 win against Hatfield in the next round.
The pair also joined up with Tricia Gascoine and Lesley Tutt to win 26-14 against Welwyn Garden City in the County Fours.
Townsend's Peter Thomson and Alan Charran meanwhile are through to the last four of the District Pairs after a 19-16 win against St Albans where they will meet North Mymms.
The pair were also on separate teams in the quarter-finals of the District Fours.
Thomson, together with Ian Forster, Bob Lawrie and Roger Potter, beat Shire Park 29-7, the hosts conceding after 15 ends.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 8 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Charron meanwhile got together with Mike Doherty, Clyde Martindill and Mike Cowell to see off Harpenden 19-11.
They were kept apart in the semi-final with two teams from Potters Bar the opposition.
Townsend also booked their place in the county divisional finals after a strong series of results.