Bowls: Mixed week for Gascoine
Tricia Gascoine put the disappointment of losing in the National Senior Singles behind her to progress in the county singles.
Against Shirley Page of Baldock in the national competition, Gascoine gained a 10-0 lead at the start. Page drew level and took a two-shot lead into the final end. Two more shots gained her a 21-17 victory.
In the County Singles Gascoine played Beryl Driscoll at Harpenden BC and won 21-10.
St Albans played away at Harperbury BC in a mid-week mixed rink game and won 86-48. The top rink was Carole Ewer, John Cooper, Eileen Englebright and skip Keith Titmus.
On Saturday St Albans beat Hitchin 69-57. It was an equal game until the last few ends when St Albans pushed ahead. The top Rink was John Saguiez, Tony Morris, Sybil Steers and Dave Church.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s game was again very close with the lead changing places three times. Harpenden came out on top in the end, winning 82-66 with a contribution of a hot shot by Jean Clark, Trevor Robson, Angela Favell and Gordon Burrow. St Albans’ top rink was Carole Ewer, Trevor Ewer, Joyce Wilson and Jim McGregor.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 10 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development