Bowls: Kate Horner progresses past third round of County Unbadged Singles
Batchwood Hall Bowling Club’s Kate Horner defeated Sheila Rider of Harpenden in the County Unbadged Singles competition by three and in the third round won 21-15 against Pam Rodgers of Potters Bar.
In the first round of the County Singles Liz Schlatter beat E. King of WGCC 21-11 but lost to the same scoreline in the second round to A O’Hare of WGC.
In the second round of the County Pairs, Kate and Pat Savage defeated the Oakhill pair of Brenda Hart and Gloria Figman by 21 shots to 19.
Batchwood lost overall away at Potters Bar with each side winning on three rinks each. The top rink was Barry Rees, Gordon Turner, Bob Aris and Eddie Jacobs.
Adrian Baddams beat Ken Albrecht 21-19 in the district singles.
You may also want to watch:
The Batchwood Four of Christine Vickers, Kate Horner, Sylvia Brewster and Pat Savage were away to Harpenden in the County League and up to the 18th end it was a close game but the Harpenden skip took the jack and they didn’t look back winning by 26 shots to 18.
Potten End comfortably won the men’s fixture against Batchwood by the margin of 29 shots. Of the five rinks Batchwood won two with Barry Rees, Chris Whiting, Les Kirk and Don Gould being top rink (22-19)
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 5 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
The district league fixture between Batchwood and Harpenden was won by Harpenden by 10 shots with both sides winning on two rinks each. The top rink for Batchwood, who won the last end by 7 shots, were Stan Endericks, David Waters, Mac McGregor and John Taylor (22-17)
Batchwood lost overall away at Potters Bar with each side winning on two rinks. The top rink was Barry Rees, Gordon Turner, Bob Aris and Eddie Jacobs.
Batchwood ladies went to Garston Bowls Club on Thursday and were defeated 45-21. The top triple for Batchwood was Brenda Aris, Tricia Brady and Liz Schlatter, just losing by three shots.