Bowls club celebrates 60th anniversary with new sponsors
- Credit: Archant
Harperbury Bowls Club have celebrated reaching a significant milestone by announcing a new sponsor.
The club, which was founded in 1955 and play their games in the grounds of Harperbury Hospital, London Colney, welcomed the Hertfordshire County Presidents’ team last month gor a special game.
The occasion was used to invite Matthew Phillips of Thomas Miller Investments, who formally handed over the club’s new flag, which his company has sponsored.
Matthew went on to raise the flag before taking a great interest in watching the game, which was new to him.
He was interested to hear about the club’s past, present and future plans.
He said: “We believe in supporting the local community and are very happy to have sponsored Harperbury Bowls Club’s new flag.”
Negotiations to secure the Club’s future are also well advanced.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
There had been concerns about the club’s future with a housing development planned for the hospital site.
However Peter Noden of the club said: “We are looking forward to the next 60 years either in our existing location or another location on the Harperbury site.”
For further information and for anyone wishing to join Harperbury Bowls Club, contact club secretary, Sue Allen, on 01727 766 259.