Bowls club celebrates 60th anniversary with new sponsors
- Credit: Archant
Harperbury Bowls Club have celebrated reaching a significant milestone by announcing a new sponsor.
The club, which was founded in 1955 and play their games in the grounds of Harperbury Hospital, London Colney, welcomed the Hertfordshire County Presidents’ team last month gor a special game.
The occasion was used to invite Matthew Phillips of Thomas Miller Investments, who formally handed over the club’s new flag, which his company has sponsored.
Matthew went on to raise the flag before taking a great interest in watching the game, which was new to him.
He was interested to hear about the club’s past, present and future plans.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We believe in supporting the local community and are very happy to have sponsored Harperbury Bowls Club’s new flag.”
Negotiations to secure the Club’s future are also well advanced.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden
There had been concerns about the club’s future with a housing development planned for the hospital site.
However Peter Noden of the club said: “We are looking forward to the next 60 years either in our existing location or another location on the Harperbury site.”
For further information and for anyone wishing to join Harperbury Bowls Club, contact club secretary, Sue Allen, on 01727 766 259.