Bowlers set up Crawford to win it for Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Fraser Crawford recorded his best score of the season to earn Radlett a nine-wicket win over Bishop’s Stortford and extend their lead at the top of the Saracens Herts Premier Division.
The Zimbabwean scored 12 fours in a match-winning knock of 73 as Radlett easily chased down Stortford’s 122 at Cricketfield Lane.
Crawford was unlucky not to carry his bat in the victory, caught by Simon Lindop, and instead had to watch from the clubhouse as Will Wright and Joe Cooke put 32 runs on the board to confirm the result, extending Radlett’s lead at the top of the table to 20 points from Harpenden, who drew with Hemel Hempstead.
While it was the top order batsmen that saw Radlett over the line, the plaudits will go to a bowling attack that restricted Stortford to a score that their batting team-mates took all of 20 overs to surpass.
Rob Clements walked away from the game with the best figures after taking four wickets in the middle order. He removed Dominic Chatfield and Mel Hussain, brother of former England captain Nasser, in quick succession to leave Stortford reeling at 78-5. Then, with the hosts struggling, he put the nail in the coffin, having Alex Palmer and Simon Lindop caught for 16 and three respectively.
Cooke and Shane Burger did the work with the new ball. Burger found the edge of Ryan Wells’ bat before Cooke clean bowled Stortford’s top scorer on the season, Eddie Ballard.
Cooke followed up with the wicket of Matt Rodgers, Stortford’s second highest scorer, for two to put Radlett firmly in control of the game.
After Clements tighten Radlett’s grip on victory, Matt Creese and Dan Foster took the final two wickets as Stortford bowed out for 122, a score that was never enough against the league leaders.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire