Bowlers hailed as ‘real strength’ of Radlett’s unbeaten start
- Credit: Archant
Kabir Toor has been full of praise for the unsung heroes of Radlett’s almost-perfect start to the season – the bowlers.
The batsmen at Cobden Hill have been taking plaudits with some swashbuckling performances from the likes of Frazer Crawford and Jon-Jon Smuts.
However, the former Middlesex man thinks the success at the top-end of the order has been helped by the bowling that preceded it.
He said: “I think our real strength is our bowling line-up to be fair.
“We’ve got batsmen that can take it away from them but so far we’ve bowled first in most of our games and just tried to restrict them.
You may also want to watch:
“And we have. I don’t think any team has got above 200 batting first.
“It’s been especially hard to find an opening partnership because all the top four are openers and have all done well in that position.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
“But when you’ve got someone like JJ [Smuts] at the top getting you off to a start where you could be 60 off 10 overs, it really puts pressure on the opposition.
“After that you can chill out a little bit and still put on a big score.”
The league looks almost wrapped up and although the play-offs loom after that, Toor admits that is still the goal.
He added: “The aim is to be finish top. Anything can happen in the play-offs but if you finish top, you can say ‘we’ve won the league’.
“I really like the play-offs, it makes it exciting, but you could have a bad day and lose in the semi’s.
“The aim is to finish top and win as many games as possible and extending that lead.”