Bowlers hailed as ‘real strength’ of Radlett’s unbeaten start
- Credit: Archant
Kabir Toor has been full of praise for the unsung heroes of Radlett’s almost-perfect start to the season – the bowlers.
The batsmen at Cobden Hill have been taking plaudits with some swashbuckling performances from the likes of Frazer Crawford and Jon-Jon Smuts.
However, the former Middlesex man thinks the success at the top-end of the order has been helped by the bowling that preceded it.
He said: “I think our real strength is our bowling line-up to be fair.
“We’ve got batsmen that can take it away from them but so far we’ve bowled first in most of our games and just tried to restrict them.
“And we have. I don’t think any team has got above 200 batting first.
“It’s been especially hard to find an opening partnership because all the top four are openers and have all done well in that position.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
“But when you’ve got someone like JJ [Smuts] at the top getting you off to a start where you could be 60 off 10 overs, it really puts pressure on the opposition.
“After that you can chill out a little bit and still put on a big score.”
The league looks almost wrapped up and although the play-offs loom after that, Toor admits that is still the goal.
He added: “The aim is to be finish top. Anything can happen in the play-offs but if you finish top, you can say ‘we’ve won the league’.
“I really like the play-offs, it makes it exciting, but you could have a bad day and lose in the semi’s.
“The aim is to finish top and win as many games as possible and extending that lead.”