Bowlers deliver for St Albans
Division One St Albans 113-10 (46.3) St Margaretsbury 103-10 (47.2) ST Albans delivered a fine bowling performance to win a thrilling game in tough conditions at St Margaretsbury on Saturday. The Saints lost the toss and were asked to bat on a wet pitch
St Albans 113-10 (46.3) St Margaretsbury 103-10 (47.2)
ST Albans delivered a fine bowling performance to win a thrilling game in tough conditions at St Margaretsbury on Saturday.
The Saints lost the toss and were asked to bat on a wet pitch where the covers had leaked. It was a disappointing performance with the bat with only Yasir Arafat (38) and Ed Hart (26) making real contributions to a low total of 113 all out.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, St Margaretsbury lost an opener with their first delivery and were prevented from scoring with good bowling from both ends. Once the second wicket partnership was broken, wickets fell at regular intervals. Impressive duo Jimmy Goodwin and Afroz Khan took four wickets apiece. They were well supported by some good fielding from all and, in a dramatic improvement from last week, St Albans held their catches.
St Margaretsbury were dismissed for just 103 runs from 47.2 overs. It was an exciting game of cricket and for Saints a well earned 30 points in the second half of the game.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Michael Goodfellow top scored for St Albans II against Sawbridgeworth II in Division Three on Saturday at Clarence Park.
The Saints won the toss and chose to bat first. Openers Jai Mukherjee (20) and Simon Galloway (11) were dismissed before Goodfellow (47) and Ed Lowe (26) made vital contributions. Number seven Waheed Ahmed (33) took the Saints to 183-9 off 53 overs.
In reply, Sawbo were restricted to 140-6 off 47 overs as they settled for a draw. Shaun Wischnowsky, Simon Galloway and Waheed Ahmed each claimed two wickets for Saints.