Bovingdon fightback frustrates 10-man Sandridge
HSCL Premier Division
Bovingdon 3 Sandridge Rovers 3
THESE two sides met for the third time this season, the previous two (one in the league, the other in the County Cup) going in Rovers’ favour with a total scoreline of 8-3.
Thus plenty of goals were expected, and so there were. Sandridge appeared well on the way to making it three in three as they led 3-0 after 51 minutes through Daniel Nisbet, Danny Johnson (penalty) and Chris Wickens.
You may also want to watch:
Bovingdon were then awarded a soft penalty, which they converted, and then Rovers suffered injuries to Casey Barton and Johnson which disrupted their rhythm and shape.
Bovingdon took full advantage with a spirited performance and achieved a deserved draw with goals in the 68th and 77th minutes.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Rovers’ keeper Ryan O’Grady saw red late on for his response to a dangerous challenge, for which the Bovingdon player, bizarrely, was only shown yellow.