Bovingdon fightback frustrates 10-man Sandridge
HSCL Premier Division
Bovingdon 3 Sandridge Rovers 3
THESE two sides met for the third time this season, the previous two (one in the league, the other in the County Cup) going in Rovers’ favour with a total scoreline of 8-3.
Thus plenty of goals were expected, and so there were. Sandridge appeared well on the way to making it three in three as they led 3-0 after 51 minutes through Daniel Nisbet, Danny Johnson (penalty) and Chris Wickens.
Bovingdon were then awarded a soft penalty, which they converted, and then Rovers suffered injuries to Casey Barton and Johnson which disrupted their rhythm and shape.
Bovingdon took full advantage with a spirited performance and achieved a deserved draw with goals in the 68th and 77th minutes.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 7 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 8 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 9 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Rovers’ keeper Ryan O’Grady saw red late on for his response to a dangerous challenge, for which the Bovingdon player, bizarrely, was only shown yellow.