Bovingdon fightback frustrates 10-man Sandridge
HSCL Premier Division
Bovingdon 3 Sandridge Rovers 3
THESE two sides met for the third time this season, the previous two (one in the league, the other in the County Cup) going in Rovers’ favour with a total scoreline of 8-3.
Thus plenty of goals were expected, and so there were. Sandridge appeared well on the way to making it three in three as they led 3-0 after 51 minutes through Daniel Nisbet, Danny Johnson (penalty) and Chris Wickens.
You may also want to watch:
Bovingdon were then awarded a soft penalty, which they converted, and then Rovers suffered injuries to Casey Barton and Johnson which disrupted their rhythm and shape.
Bovingdon took full advantage with a spirited performance and achieved a deserved draw with goals in the 68th and 77th minutes.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 10 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
Rovers’ keeper Ryan O’Grady saw red late on for his response to a dangerous challenge, for which the Bovingdon player, bizarrely, was only shown yellow.