Boss hopes for Bruce return
WITH goals proving scarce, City boss Steve Castle would like the chance to recall midfielder Paul Bruce who has taken on an Academy coaching role at Queens Park Rangers. Free kick specialist Bruce scored eight goals in all competitions last season
WITH goals proving scarce, City boss Steve Castle would like the chance to recall midfielder Paul Bruce who has taken on an Academy coaching role at Queens Park Rangers.
Free kick specialist Bruce scored eight goals in all competitions last season and really hit top form as City neutralised relegation fears with a strong run in the final months of the campaign.
The City boss said: "It would be nice to say that Paul Bruce will be coming back within the next couple of weeks but we have to see how things progress. I think he is going to play a couple of reserve matches for us but he has got other commitments."
Defenders Ryan Frater and Chris Seeby remain a way off returning to match action but Castle could have winger Rod Hicks back in contention soon.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans City Supporters Club are hoping to run a coach to the away game at Newport County on Saturday, September 20. The departure time is 9.30am from Clarence Road and the cost is £20 for Adults Supporters Club Members and £12 for Junior Members. Anyone wishing to book a place can do so at the club shop on Saturday when City host Thurrock or telephone Peter Knock 01727 847484 or Ian Bangs 07733 381874.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant