Booth shines for Wheato II
SHL Division Eight Wheathampstead II 156-4 beat Chipperfield 152 by six wickets Wheathampstead II s completed a well earned victory to consolidate their position in one of the promotion spots in Division Eight. After Jimmy McEwen s early success Chipper
SHL Division Eight
Wheathampstead II 156-4 beat Chipperfield 152 by six wickets
Wheathampstead II's completed a well earned victory to consolidate their position in one of the promotion spots in Division Eight.
After Jimmy McEwen's early success Chipperfield's top order batsmen applied themselves to the pace attack.
You may also want to watch:
However, the introduction of the left arm spin of Steve Booth paid huge dividends as Grant and Carson both departed on 26 caught at slip. Although Crompton batted soundly for 50no there was little support as Booth made inroads with a devastating 21-4-49-6 spell.
Chris Dilkes 2-37 and David Dabare 1-12 closed out the innings with Chipperfield all out for 152 in 53 overs.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
WCC offered early encouragement to the visitors as two early wickets fell for 15 runs.
Strong batting from Kevin Barrow (53no) and Dabare (36) with some interesting calling and running between the wickets laid down a winning platform.
This opened the way for Booth to pick up the Man of the Match award with an untroubled 32no to seal the win in 33 overs.