Boost the Budget scheme praised as Junior Morias signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s manager Ian Allinson has praised the club’s fans – as Junior Morias becomes the club’s ninth summer signing.
The move sees the former Wycombe Wanderers youngster sign on a one-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The striker is the third to make the short trip up Watling Street to Saints from Boreham Wood, where he made 88 appearances, scoring 24 goals.
But the deal could not have been made without the help of the Stand By Your Saints’ Boost the Budget scheme.
The scheme was devised to help make extra funds available for the manager throughout the season.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson said: “I can’t stress how important the donation was to us. Junior is another player I know well but strikers of that quality are worth their weight in gold at this level.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributes to the scheme as your help has provided the club with what I can only describe as an exceptional young talent.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
In a statement the club also gave thanks to Danny Hunter and all the administration staff at Boreham Wood “for their professional support in this acquisition”.
Supporters wanting to contribute to Boost the Budget can do so online at www.standbyyoursaints.com.
To sponsor Junior or any other first team player for the 2016/17 season, please contact Tom Norman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org