Boost the Budget scheme praised as Junior Morias signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s manager Ian Allinson has praised the club’s fans – as Junior Morias becomes the club’s ninth summer signing.
The move sees the former Wycombe Wanderers youngster sign on a one-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The striker is the third to make the short trip up Watling Street to Saints from Boreham Wood, where he made 88 appearances, scoring 24 goals.
But the deal could not have been made without the help of the Stand By Your Saints’ Boost the Budget scheme.
The scheme was devised to help make extra funds available for the manager throughout the season.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson said: “I can’t stress how important the donation was to us. Junior is another player I know well but strikers of that quality are worth their weight in gold at this level.
“A huge thank you to everyone who contributes to the scheme as your help has provided the club with what I can only describe as an exceptional young talent.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
In a statement the club also gave thanks to Danny Hunter and all the administration staff at Boreham Wood “for their professional support in this acquisition”.
Supporters wanting to contribute to Boost the Budget can do so online at www.standbyyoursaints.com.
To sponsor Junior or any other first team player for the 2016/17 season, please contact Tom Norman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org