Bookmakers say St Albans City set for a mid-table finish in Vanarama National League South
- Credit: Archant
Mid-table beckons for St Albans City in this year’s Vanarama National League South – if you believe what the bookmakers are saying.
Most price the Saints as a 20-1 shot for the title, although if you hunt about you can get 25s.
That is almost the same as Wealdstone with the two old rivals being placed firmly in the pack.
Hemel Hempstead Town are slightly better priced than City, with some going as low as 12-1 although the majority say 14s or 16s.
Billericay Town are the favourites, with Dartford, Chelmsford City, Torquay United, Woking, Bath City and Hampton & Richmond all expected to be challenging for a play-off spot at least.
You may also want to watch:
Hungerford Town, City’s opponents in the opening game of the season on Saturday, are favourites for the drop with Gloucester City, East Thurrock United and Eastbourne Borough the teams they will probably be scrapping with.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart