Bookmakers say St Albans City set for a mid-table finish in Vanarama National League South
- Credit: Archant
Mid-table beckons for St Albans City in this year’s Vanarama National League South – if you believe what the bookmakers are saying.
Most price the Saints as a 20-1 shot for the title, although if you hunt about you can get 25s.
That is almost the same as Wealdstone with the two old rivals being placed firmly in the pack.
Hemel Hempstead Town are slightly better priced than City, with some going as low as 12-1 although the majority say 14s or 16s.
Billericay Town are the favourites, with Dartford, Chelmsford City, Torquay United, Woking, Bath City and Hampton & Richmond all expected to be challenging for a play-off spot at least.
You may also want to watch:
Hungerford Town, City’s opponents in the opening game of the season on Saturday, are favourites for the drop with Gloucester City, East Thurrock United and Eastbourne Borough the teams they will probably be scrapping with.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land